♫ intro music ♫ Hi, it’s Martina. It’s Simon. And this is our fifth month in Japan. Welcome to Eat Your Sushi. I went for a walk with Spudgy a couple days ago which, by the way, I’ve given up on daytime walks with Spudgy because it’s getting insane in Japan. It’s gross here, it was like 36 degrees, 37 degrees (Celsius) and it’s, like, raining, like, hot boiling water on you just like God is just like dumping his pasta sauce water on you. Pasta sauce water? What? That’s a good description! When you’re draining pasta sauce and you’re kind of, like, shaking it out. That’s exactly it. Back to Spudgy almost dying during the daytime I took him out for this walk, and he was NOT having it Nope. And as we were waddling around in the grass and he was like *old man wheeze* with every step, like *another old man wheeze* Spudgy’s old as *sheep noise* now, he’s 13 years old. There was a lovely old man who looked like he might’ve been in his 60’s, like late 60’s or early 70’s. Everyone in our neighborhood is at least in their 60’s We are, by far, the youngest people living there This old man asked me about Spudgy, if he’s doing okay. He asked me in English. LIke, perfect, flawless English. So much our neighborhood speaks perfect English! It’s amazing! It’s constantly like “Surprise! I speak 19 languages, don’t say anything bad about us.” I was trying to practice my Japanese, Spudgy is Furuiふるい which means old! (laughter) and let me practice that, please! Look at how Fuwafuwaフワフワ (fluffy) he is! Anyways, this guy is like “Is your dog hot?” And I’m like, “Yeah he’s 13 years old. I think he’s dying.” And we had this big chat about the neighborhood, he said there’s lots of dogs in the neighborhood and then I said how much I loved living in the neighborhood, I was like, you know Kichijoji 吉祥寺 is such a great neighborhood, Amazing! I love the atmosphere here, and the park, and everything around it, and he goes “Really? I’ve been living here for over 40 years now, and I really want to move to a different neighborhood.” and I was like “What? Why?” And he’s like, “I guess this neighborhood is alright, but like, I’ve been living here so long I don’t really see the benefits anymore.” He’s like, ” I’m actually aiming for like, going to a different neighborhood.” But what’s really weird about this is that for the past 10 years, our neighborhood has been voted as the most desirable neighborhood to live in. Kichijoji is almost perfect, it’s Magic Land. We live in Magic Land! – ♪ Magic Land♪
– [Both] ♪ Magic Land!♪ But, you know what, this is one of those “Grass Is Always Greener’ situations. You know, if you live in the city, people want to live in a different neighborhood. If you live in a small town, you want to live in the city. It’s like people can’t appreciate what they have at the time. And it’s even, like, I know a lot of people watch our videos and they think “Oh my god, I would love to live in Korea” or “Oh my god, I want to live in Japan” “I’m so bored of living in a small town”, while for me, I’ve been living in a megacity now for almost a decade and every time I see TV shows of small town America, like Fargo – Which is probably a bad example, Simon, but anyways.
– Yeah (laughs) – But, I would love to live in a small town in which there’s “THE Diner” that everybody knows
– Yeah… In which, like, everybody knows each other’s names. And PIE. *deep voice* Except for, like, all the murders that happened in Fargo *normal voice* Without the murders, I would love to live in a small town like that! We thought the same thing when we were watching True Blood, and it was like that tiny town – where there’s that one bar
– Oh yeah! where there’s like deep fried pickles, and everyone knows your name! I told Simon, you know, the downside to that is that everyone knows your business. – Right.
– So it’s that constant like, snoopy, like if you live in a small town maybe you can let us know if that happens where everyone know what’s happening, and it’s very gossip-y But it’s a different atmosphere than a big city, where you’re just a speck floating around everywhere. But I think there’s a story about this old man that doesn’t want to live in Kichijoji anymore for the people that are looking at us and want to live in our area, I think the moral of this is that, there isn’t really any place you’re gonna live that’s gonna be perfect, that’s gonna satisfy absolutely everything that you want People always want something different, and don’t let that sadden you. Always think of it as an adventure, like you could always try something new and aim for something more But don’t ever feel bad about the area you live in, because there are lots of people who would love to live in that same neighborhood you do. Let’s just think about what you’re saying and people that live in a crime-ridden, drug dealing neighborhood. “I live in CHICAGO. *sheep noise* the air is 75% bullets!” – Those people might disagree with your last sentence.
– You know, okay. So, – Majority….
– Hmm, I think what you want to say is simply not necessarily your neighborhood – Okay.
– but your entire city, or your country, There’s always positive things about the place you live in. – How is Pickering (Ontario, CA) doing?
– *soft voice* Pickering is.. okay Do you like Pickering? What are some of the positives? *soft voice* My mum, my dad… (laughter)
– What else is positive about Pickering? ♫ transition music ♫ So you remember when we talked about the garbage trucks of Japan and how they sound like ice cream and they’re like, baby blue with flowers and clouds and elephants on them? Well, let’s take a look at this manly construction site. [S] SO MANLY! [M] Er mah gerdddd – Oh yeah!
– How cute is that? [M] There’s a whole collection of adorable, polka dot, pink– Look at that! – Ducky..
– Those are usually like, yellow and boring and just sad – But this is just amazing and
– [M] Why?
– Why? – [M] Japan.
– Because Japan is cute and wonderful. – [M] Look at that. Look at that.
– [S] Really, have you ever seen a pink polka dot one in your home country? [S] Or are they always yellow and boring? – [M] That’s amazing.
– They’re always yellow and boring. [S] Speaking of weird things happening in our neighborhood, I also have a Spudgy story I just have to mention a second, I laughed in that last section and after laughing – I am now covered in a sheen layer of sweat from the exercise
– Yeah, because we had to turn off the AC in here – It’s so sweltering and gross
– I’m starting to feel, like, clammy – Please continue.
– Okay So Martina was taking Spudgy out for a walk during the day, I was taking Spudgy out at night. – We decided on nighttime walking.
– It’s a lot easier for him, he’s not sweaty, it’s cooler, he could walk further, it’s better exercise for him, and it’s safer. – I will say, nighttime in Tokyo, pretty cool.
– Yeah! – Quite nice.
– Pretty cool. – Pretty– pretty cool!
– Pretty cool. As I was walking Spudgy, he was like, smelling the light posts on the corner. I heard three people walking towards me, they were talking in Japanese, and laughing with each other, and then I saw like, a neon ball bouncing towards me And I thought to myself, “Oh, these people might have dropped their ball or something.” Except it didn’t bounce in a normal shape, it like bounced here and bounced back so it was kind of like an un– it wasn’t spherical, it was just doing these weird things. – They have those really cool balls that are like that with the cut angles on it. Yeah, so it was bouncing in weird shapes and it was like glow-in-the-dark, and neon blue so I thought to myself, “Okay, I’m gonna be a nice neighbor and I’m gonna pick this up and give this to them.” And I was, like, chasing it around as it was bouncing, and I heard the people, like they were talking but then they just stopped talking, it was pure silence. And I’m like, “Well, they’re probably watching me try to be a nice person and give them back their ball.” Or they’re scared of you. Or whatever. Finally when it stopped bouncing, like, “Ah-ha!” I grabbed it and I picked it up It looked like a really smooth neon pebble, but then when I touched it, it smelled really sweet. And then it squished in my fingers. And they just started walking past me and they didn’t say anything, and I realized, the thing I picked up wasn’t a fun bouncy ball, but it was their gum. – Ughhhhhhhhhh!
– They spit their gum out on the street and I look like a garbage picking foreigner like “OH MY GOD IS THAT GUM? LET ME PICK UP YOUR GUM HAHAHA FOREIGNERS LOVE GUM” Like that ice cream truck garbage! And I just, I was trying to be a good neighbor and help them get their bouncy ball. Instead, I pick up their garbage and I look like a hobo and I swear Japanese people, I am not like this usually. I am trying to do a good thing, – but it’s just not coming out right.
– Can we just talk about the fact – that you picked up someone’s dirty mouth gum?
– *crying* I knooooow That’s so gross. Simon came home, and I just see Spudgy in the lobby on his own, and Simon just walks past me like, a ghost was holding his hand, and he goes to the washroom, so I thought Spudgy’s poop-bag ripped or something – Nope. Nope.
– Sorry about that. Stop playing tricks on me Japan. Stop it with your – garbage truck/ice cream trucks!
– and your fun bouncy gum! What’s next? Are you gonna poop in a bag and throw it at me? So I can try to catch it? – Oh no, someone’s baby!
– OH NO! (laughter) ♫ transition music ♫ [S] If you ever think of yourself as a crazy cat lady, well how about the store that’s entirely cat stuff? [M] This place is amazing! But there’s not Scottish Fold cats, I want them with the folds. This is the pop-up store, this is where we found the train store last time. – Right.
– It’s always changing, right? [M] Do you see any Scottish Fold cats? [S] They’ve got boxes there, they’ve got cat slippers. They’ve got cat t-shirts. Cat cell phone cases. Cat bags. Cat umbrellas. Cat cards. This… is pretty amazing. Little cat hoodies. You must really like cats. [S] Speaking of gross things to put in your mouth, IT’S TIME FOR THE WEEKLY CHALLENGE. So today we’re gonna be playing the silent library version of Eat Your Sushi in which we have 3 cards here. Two of them are blank and one of them has a really cute skull on it. We’re gonna play this game with Dan, who you’ve might’ve seen in last week’s Eat Your Sushi. We’re all gonna pick a random card. One of them is gonna have the skull on it. Whoever grabs a skull has to eat one of these punishment candies that we have. And some of them are quite punishing. Uhm, I would say that they all are. This is… SUGAR-FREE?! SUGAR-FREE? UUHHHH SICK Sugar-free licorice made from cactus. This is raw licorice. – These are the…
– Ghost pepper jelly beans. – From last week.
– Yup. And we also have a special guest star of a “kikerin peepoo.” – [Translating Martina] Turkish Peber
– The Turkish peepur [S] So pick a card, don’t look at it. We’ll a flip at the same time, alright? Okay, ready? Close your eyes. Grab a card. – Did you take one?
– Yeah. Give one to me. [Both] Okay everyone, ready? [Both] 3…2…1! – Oh *sheep noise*!
– AHAHAHA HAHAHA OH HOHOHO LAOLOLOLA Really?! *french accent* Monsieur, what would you like to eat? – *normal voice* These 3 all come together.
– Okay. – I’m gonna go for the raw licorice.
– The raw licorice! – Raw licorice.
– ♪ Yeah baby I like it raw ♪ – Oooh nooo, we need to make Dan…
– ♪ Yeah baby I like it rawwww ♪ – How do you do that magician thing in which you
– ♪ Yeah baby I like it raw ♪ – force cards on people?
– ♪ Yeah baby I like it rawww ♪ – ♪ Shimmy shimmy ya, shimmy yam, shimmy yay ♪
– OH MY GOD IT SMELLS LIKE SHOES ♪ Stick it in your mouth so I can laugh away ~ ♪ How is the all natural licorice? – It’s RAW
– ohmygod… – It’s so… *CRINGES*
– It’s from Sweden. OOH. It must have all the natural tastes of the rainbow in there! Why do Norwegian people like this?! This is from Sweden. This is 100% pure raw licorice made with any extra additives or ingredients for that raw and long-lasting licorice sensation! (laughter) I’m gonna throw up… *chokes* (more laughter) OMG IT’S COMING BACK UP MY THROAT This sounds like a sex tape. It’s amazing! – That RAW and LONG-LASTING
– *gags* – AH IT’S STUCK ON MY TEETH!
– licorice sensation. This is terrible. You know those medicine packets that I have that I just have to pour on my tongue because it’s all ground up? – Yeah.
– This tastes like that. Lemme see your teeth. Ooh, they’re blu-ish now. – Oh wow.
– Ohh this is… – Let’s hope that doesn’t happen again.
– …great. Simon’s plan was for Dan to be punished but thus far, we’re off to a good start, Dan. Air high five from far away! – *whispers* so terrible…
– Are you in a special place right now? I’m so upset. This is like that marmite stupid challenge. Which, by the way, everyone accused Dan of not doing something smart at the end which was putting marmite in BOTH halves so both of us would lose in the end. – *sorrowful muttering*
– Aaahhhhhh. Grab a card. ♪ Close your eyes, and I’ll kiss you. Tomorrow I’ll miss you ♪ CLOSE YOUR EYES YOU *sheep noise* – ♪ Remember I’ll always be true ♪
– Grab one. [Both] Okay ready? [Both] 3…2…1! OHH *sheep noise* AGAINNNN (Martina and Dan laughs) WHY??? NOO! *Martina and Dan air high five* *french accent* Oh, monsieur, is only wafer thin. – *cries*
– *laughs* – We have the ghost pepper…
– WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO ME?? You did it to yourself, son. WHY?! *Simon’s voice* This is a silent library game. It’ll be fun to watch Dan suffer. Simon – 2 in a row. Well, we’ve got a “kikerin peepoo” here. – This is the cactus licorice. And this is the ghost…
– I’m taking the cactus licorice. The cactus licorice. – It is…
– That’s a jelly. – Läkerol sugar-free…
– SUGAR-FREE?? With a taste of licorice. It “makes people talk” so I’m a little concerned about what that means on the edging. This is from Finland. It’s so hard jelly — also I can’t even bite through it. It’s like… Korean seafood. What is the t– (laughs) Do you taste the cactus? No cactus up in there? You sure? Ohh this is fun day. Swallow it! If I get chosen, I’m going straight for the ghost pepper, son. I’ll be like WOOO! I’m not getting the “kikerin peepoo.” – It’s okay, now you get two…
– Oh no there’s two more… Just answer questions! (laughs) No. – You want me to shuffle it this time?
– Yeah, you shuffle it this time. Okay. This time I shuffle… – Okay. Your eyes are closed?
– Yes. Close your eyes! (laughs) Your eyes are closed. “Yes.” Put your hand out. Okay. No, let Dan pick first! Okay, Simon? Okay. Top or bottom? Top or bottom? – Okay ready?
– Ready. Everyone? 3…2…1! AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH *slow motion wailing* (laughter) *wails* *more wailing* ♪ Congratulations ♪ ♪ Congratula — Well, we have the “kikerin peepoo” or the ghost peppers. REALLY? You’re crazy. The “kikerin peepoo” is the WORST. You want Dan to at least get the option of getting the “kikerin peepoo!” Ohh, he’s going for it. The “kikerin peepoo” is not even swallow-able. It’s like a hard, chewing, pepper-spiced… Yeah? Are you starting to like licorice now? What’s that olive thing? You’re supposed to eat 7 olives and like– I’m sweating so much– my shirt! You sure are! ♪ Take it off, take it off ♪ I’m supposed to introduce Dan by making him eat bad shit, but it’s just MEE! (laughter) I can’t even swallow this whole because I might choke on it. That’s why I say you should have gone for the ghost peppers. You did not play this right, son. ♪ sorrowful music ♪ Did you get that salty burst of liquid licorice? Oh, he got it. Oooh, he got that. – *crunch* oh fu…
– Got it gooood! Oooh, you can feel every layer! I hate this. ♪ Moonlight Sonata ♪ This is the worst day. *turns into Voldemort* Harry… Potter… Praise Voldemort… Voldemort has returned! Okay, you feel better? No… You ready for your last round? I should just eat the jelly beans right away… I don’t know… Dan, do you wanna shuffle them this time? No, no, no… – Yeah?
– …NO. [Dan] No? No. There’s no way to force someone to – take it.
– Fine, I’m gonna– I’m gonna do it. You should let Dan do it, because so far I’ve made you suffer, you made you suffer… – Why don’t you pick your card first?
– No. Alright. There’s no way. Odds– Look, odds… Use your math. – Odds are…
– ODDS ARE BAD. BAD BAD BAD – We had a 1 in 4 right?
– 1 in 3, 1 in 3, 1 in 3 – And now you’re up to…
– So that a 1 in 9 times 3 so that’s a 1 in 27 chance. Congratulations, you should buy a ticket today. So it’s not gonna happen again! Stop shuffling, there are 3 cards! – Okay who’s gonna pick first?
– I’ll pick first. Please pick the bad one… You’ve…. YOU PICK THE BAD ONE, YOU HEAR ME? YOU *sheep noise* PICK THAT BAD ONE. Okay, pick the bad one. – Okay, go for it.
– Okay ready? 3….2….1! OMG NO YOU *sheep noise* HAVE DONE THIS ON PURPOSE! HOW HAVE YOU DONE THIS? NO WAY NO WAY THIS IS BULL*sheep noise* THIS IS BULL*sheep noise* THIS IS… It’s a hard day for you. I hate both of you right now. It’s a good thing you didn’t double down and make more jelly beans happen ’cause that would’ve been really sad. This doesn’t make sense. – How did? Did you feel something in the cards?
– Nope. – Is there like a bent corner?
– There is not. It’s perfectly smooth, all of them. – Get that rage out in those ghost pepper jelly beans.
– Ghost pepper jelly beans… This looks like a really scary picture. It’s donkey! You know if there’s a donkey, that it’s gonna mess you up! If this was a pony, I’d feel better, but this is a donkey! Crazy-ass hot ass-kicking. I’m just gonna be fartin’ bloods tonight. – Alright, here we go.
– And licorice. It can’t be that bad, honestly. Mmm, it’s yummy… – Okay…
– There it is. ♪ Moonlight Sonata ♪ – Oh, there it is.
– There it is. Uh oh. Did it really start kicking in? It’s the lingering leftover taste, huh? *half numb* I only ate it on this side of my mouth, so I feel this side… – This was a pretty good day, altogether.
– That wasn’t as bad as the licorice. I would like to say “good game, sir” to everyone around. Let’s play this game again next time. Yes, good job both of you. You were both great… – Well done, sir.
– …at this game. – Well done, sir.
– I… – …thoroughly enjoyed all of this.
– Excellent game. Good job, sir. ♪ Loser ♪ WHY?? ♪ transition music ♪ [S] Today is the day, girl. Is today the day? [S] You can finally do it. – You wanna save it for another day?
– No, I’m doing it now! Okay… In Japan, in the summertime, I don’t know why but there’s something called “Summertime gifts” which a lot of people are like, “this sucks, why do we have to give each other gifts in the summer?” And there’s a special edition everything that happens. And so I got a special edition Neko Atsume ねこあつめ cookie set. And I’ve been waiting to open it for you guys! And Simon’s like “We’ll just wait we’ll wait we’ll wait…” [S] You keep talking, I’m gonna go open it. [S] Give it to me! (laughs) *punch* We had to order in advance, and it arrived in the mail. OPEN FOR ME [S] You should get those other scissors over there. -____- [S] Go walk over that direction. So you can hoover all this? WHAT IS THIS SEALED SHUT WITH?! *cries* [S] Okay… It really is wrapped like a gift! You’re supposed to buy it for the people. And I bought it for myself! [S] “It’s a gift for me!” [Both] “To me!” – [S] Oooh, are there any patterns on this?
– No. We’re gonna open gifts the way that I do. – Slowly and carefully.
– [S] Slowly and methodically. – [S] Why don’t you just rip it open?
– I don’t believe in that. ERR MAH GERRDDD Er mah gerdddd. [S] What do you think about this, Meemers? – Okay Ducky, are you ready?
– [S] Okay, here we go… – Ready? Ready?
– [S] Open it up. – Aawwwww.
– [S] Ohmygod! – [S] Present for you!
– Er mah gerd! Okay, this is Kylo Ren. Well, I’ve named him Kylo Ren in my game. This is Kylo Ren. And this is Marshmallow whose name I didn’t change. And this is Dan-san! – [S] Okay.
– Aahhhh hahaha – [S] What are these things right here?
– These are the watermelon balls These are the yellow balls. This is the pink ball. This is the baseball for Joe Meowgeeowgee… – [S] Joe DiMeowgio.
– Joe DiMeowgio. And there’s the soccer ball. And there’s the blue ball. – [S] Which one are you eating first?
– Kylo Ren! [S] You’re eating Kylo Ren? But how can I eat this? – This is insane.
– [S] Do you want me to show you? I can show you. I don’t like chocolate cookies though… It’s okay. Kylo Ren, I’ll do it for you. Oh mah geeeerd. Let’s see if we can hover it over our cat’s face and make him look like he’s Kylo Ren. [S] You can do that; I’m just gonna eat it. I named my cookie Kylo Ren. Ducky. [S] That’s pretty great. – Okay, Kylo Ren.
– [S] Go for it. Thanks for giving me so much moneys! It tastes like… the thin mint cookies for Girl scouts. [S] Oooh. But with no mint. (laughs) There’s that dry… chocolate… everything I hate in a cookie… with a thin layer of candy on top. [M] It’s like a button! [S] Alright, eat one! It’s a giant Smartie! Oh yeah. – [S] Oh yeah.
– Oh yeah. – [S] That’s great.
– Look… – Mmm!
– Mmm! The balls taste the best! – [S] How about we answer some questions?
– [M] Sounds good! The first question comes from Take it Away, Theo! who wants to know: – That’s actually a really great question.
– It’s an honest question. You know what? We’ve answered this question a lot with our friends even who are persuing Youtube channels. Sooo many of them are hesitant to start. One of our friends actually asked us “well, I’m really worried about the negative comments… people leaving bad reviews… or this type of criticism…” – I’m like…
– You haven’t even made a video yet! – People may not even watch your videos.
– Right. You need to first start putting things out there for somebody to even see. And honestly, the video criticism only starts once you start to make it big. – That’s how we knew.
– Yeah! – We’re like “omg I think we might be ‘popular’.”
– Right. Because there are negative comments coming up. And that’s how you know that you’ve actually started to make an impact and shake things up. You don’t have to worry about that! You just need to get started on something that you enjoy doing. I think the most important thing is that you can’t get good at making videos by not making videos. You can’t just expect for your first video to be perfect and be content with it. A lot– We’ve made well over 1000 videos now, and a lot of them really suck BAD! – Like BAD
– BAD BAD They’re so poorly lit and the audio was sh** and everything looks bad about it but you learn and you grow and you only get better by making mistakes. You can’t be afraid of making bad stuff. It’s a little bit embarrassing when you look back on it – Yeah.
– but it helps you grow into something better. You really gotta think of it like when you were in middle school and you were drawing pictures… and you thought maybe you were good at drawing. And then you go to high school and look back and that and you’re like “UGH!” and then you get older and you look back on that and you’re like “UUGH!” It’s impossible to be your best just at one point. Like, “oh this is my best.” You’re always gonna get better. So when we first started making videos, we didn’t make them with the intentions of making perfect art or anything like that. – We’re nowhere close to that now.
– Um, have you seen our Cicada video? – Like omg.
– That’s pretty much perfect art. We made videos because we wanted to make videos because we’re passionate about it ’cause it was fun. We wanted to share a message with our family. And I want people when they start making videos on Youtube to have that in mind. And not think with the idea of “is this gonna be great?” “are people gonna love it?” Just make it because you like making it and do it for your own personal sense of satisfaction and growth. Rather than some kind of external result you’re waiting for. Yeah. I think– think of it almost like a journal or diary entry. When you’re making these videos and putting them up, it’s a way for you to look– almost like a portfolio. To say “this is what I was like when I first started. I started doing, you know, stand-up comedy jokes.” “And then 6 months later, I decided to do dance cover videos because that was my passion at the time.” “And then suddenly I started doing tutorials on how to knit.” Like, it’s kind of a way to look back and say “you know what? I’m not really into dancing anymore” and change it up. So, if you don’t get started at some point, you’re never gonna be able to look back and see how you can improve and change. – So, do it.
– Just make ’em. ♪ transition music ♪ ♪ 2001: A Space Odyssey theme ♪ [M] Oh buddy. The next question comes from someone who I think is Polish so I’m gonna pronounce your name Polish-ly. It comes from Bella Jakubczak. I read it, I was like Jacaboochecazak. (laughs) Simon’s like “nope.” Hopefully this is not, like, 7 weeks ago… Okay. I don’t know where this came from because the same thing happened to us while we were in Korea. The very first time we went to Korea, at the time, it was a bit weird to show a lot of straps. People had these little tiny, like, half sweaters. But a couple years went by, and that was tossed out the window. People were just wearing tank tops and t-shirts. – In Japan, I see lots of women wearing tank tops.
– Lots and lots of men wearing tank tops, as well. – Yeah.
– It’s really hot here! – It’s really hot, guys.
– Really, really hot here. I would say that they are “modest” so people tend to wear kind of– I described it perfectly! “Retirement tourist clothing.” If you were going to retire on a beach somewhere and you wanna wear this white t-shirt with khaki pants and, like, a travel hat. There’s a lot of these, kind of, feeling-of-travel outfits. That’s what I’ve noticed. And they’re kind of like “modest” but they’re still lots of funky people that like wearing – shorts and tank tops.
– I haven’t really seen a lot of like, tight-fitting, boobs-popping-out, cleavage exposing tank tops. I’ve seen a lot of baggy tank tops that are loosely form fitting that way but not like… – Travel tank tops! See?
– Travel tank tops. I will say that it’s not the same scale of dressing that you might find in, like, New York or LA – When I went there, I was, like, reverse traumatized.
– Yeah. Growing up with it, it was normal. And when I went back and I was like “Boobies everywhere!” *kawaii voice* Oh my goodness, that person is wearing such a tight piece of clothing! Like, I was all immodest and terrified. But it’s not like people dress like nuns here. And also if you’re a tourist, no one’s gonna be like, “Cover my children’s eyes! That woman’s wearing a tank top!” ♪ transition music ♪ So this right here is a little bit terrifying. We’re at Bakawarai, our favorite Izakaya居酒屋 (informal Japanese gastropub) We asked them what was Osusumeおすすめ (recommendable). And they said… Chicken stomach. This is not something I’m used to eating. [M] But I trust them! – But I trust them.
– [M] I trust them. I trust them. I’m supposed to just dip it in a little bit of salt. [M] We got salt, we got Ponzu ポン酢 which is a lemony, kind of, orangey thingy. [M] And then, hot pepper– what did you do salt? Just some salt. Here we go. I’m trusting you. It’s great! [M] What does it taste like? Is it buttery? Or is it slimy…? – [M] Because I’ve only had it in Phở and I didn’t really like it.
– No. It’s just… smooth chicken… flavor. – [M] That’s awesome!
– That’s great! – [M] We can always trust them.
– Oh my gosh. – [M] We can always trust them!
– Osusume おすすめ！ Always get it. [M] Ooooh! The next question comes for Dan. We showed him last week’s video, so today we’re actually gonna show him in person. This is Dan. He helps out with a lot of our videos, but he’s a lot more comfortable being behind the camera. Rather than on camera. So, we’re gonna make him very uncomfortable right now and ask him one question. – And this is probably like a one time only thing.
– Yeah. ‘Cause Dan has no interest in being on camera. So, you might see him in some of our videos, like, passing by or blooper footage and stuff. So, now you’ll know who it is and you’re not gonna be like “who’s that strange man?!” [Dan] Hi, everyone. That’s it, I guess. – As you can see, Dan doesn’t wanna be on camera.
– As you can see, Dan is super uncomfortable on camera. He did this for you guys. Thank you, Dan. So, this next question comes from Brianne Kiso who says: *crickets* Uh… [M] What was the question? [Simon & Martina] What do they have to do to get a date? Okay, Dan doesn’t know the answer to this so here’s what I’m gonna say If this video gets 10k likes, Dan is gonna go on a date with you. – [M] No.
– [S] 20k likes… – [D] Waitwaitwaitwait..
– [S] and he will take off his shirt. for the next video and be here shirtless for an entire thing. – [D] That’s not that’s not…
– [S] 30k likes, he’s gonna fly to your country and make out with you. Make it happen, everyone. Click the like button. Have you just whored me out to the internet? – [S] Yup.
– [M] We have. [D] Okay. [S&M] Whore out Dan!
[S] Whore out Dan! The mystery has gone on for, like, 19 episodes. – [D] Can I go now?
– [M] Be free, Dan. Be free back to your camera spot behind the camera. Remember everyone: 20k likes, Dan will be shirtless. ♪ magic mail time music ♪ Thank you to Rebecca, Maryann, and Chee for your postcards. And thank you very much to Dalton and Britney and Ivana for their postcards. Okay, this gift is apparently just for me. And it’s from Ms Charlie’s Nails — that’s the Youtube channel from Ms Charlie Oh my gerrrd! She says this is for putting in my little garden! – These are amazing!
– These would be perfect for your garden! Look at the size of this cookie. – This cookie is the same size as this pizza.
– That cookie… That is a really gigantic cookie or a really tiny pizza. This one comes from Jennifer from British Columbia. Bucheon and now Nagoya as well! She said she saw me in Daiso Bucheon and never said “hi.” – Aawwh.
– GIRL – We got some…
– Maple leaf, friggen, cookies. The ones we got– sent before are gone. Okay, of course they smell like cookies. These are bigger than the maple leaf Canadian ones. – Okay, let’s see.
– Let’s see. Now, this needs coffee or tea with it. This next package comes from Bianca from Germany. It’s the Dickmanns!!! OMG It’s the mini Dickmann’s! What kind of Dickmann would you like? – Black Dick? Or White Dick?
– The dark Dickmann or the white Dickmann? [Dan] Can I get some white Dickmann? White Dickmann? Everyone, shove it in your mouth in one go. Stick that Dickmann right in. – Suuuper Dickman.
– Super Dickman. And thank you so much to Daisy from LA for this excellent letter and package. She was actually at our LA fan meet. – When I was wearing the watermelon dress.
– To Simon: Here are some Final Fantasy prints because Martina usually get stuff I– *gasp* FINAL FANTASY There’s Tidus from FFX! This is all FFX. That’s my second favorite Final Fantasy. – Is it?
– Next to FFVII Are you excited about the new one coming out soon? ‘Cause I can pre-order it, the American one, but that’s just a regular version… but I saw that you could order the Special Edition version in Japan for like $120 as opposed to $80. – PS4? Or the game?
– The game itself. But there’s a special edition of the game but I’m not sure if the game is only gonna be in Japanese or if it’s gonna be in English because I don’t wanna buy the Japanese one if I can’t be able to play it. So should I just pre-order that one? Or should I get both because I love Final Fantasy so much? Thank you everyone for these amazing packages. They’re super lovely and fun! They’re super starting to melt from the heat, so we need to open faster. – Yes. We need to open more…
– That Dickmann was extra soft. – Yes. Don’t want so soft Dickmann.
– Don’t want some soft Dickmann. – You want the hard Dickmann.
– Yup. For last week’s skill testing question we asked you: What the colors of our bikes were And the winner of that is G Dragon1 on Youtube. He said: Congratulations on being so thorough. If you are the winner, please mail us a message and we’ll send out your package next week. This week’s skill testing question involves our Wonderful Treasure Find segment. Most of the ones that we’ve done have been really fun and sucessful but we’ve had a couple of ones that were kind of failures. Can you name one of our Wonderful Treasure Finds that was a total and utter disappointing failure? That did not perform as advertised. Leave your answer in the comment section below or on Twitter or our website or Facebook. We check all of them and we will pick one winner and mail out a capsule toy for you next week! Or Instagram. Oh yeah, Instagram as well. We pick winners from Instagram. Well, this was a really great episode. – I enjoyed it super thoroughly.
– Yeah. I started so super happy and just loved telling stories. And now I feel really sad and totally injustice-d. You know what’s amazing? Maybe Dan is like my lucky charm. If you and I compete against each other, I always lose. But maybe Dan around creates a barrier of reflection which allows you to lose at everything. This is… total… From now on, I might have to constantly have Dan playing. I CALL ON THE POWER OF DAN ~ Let’s head out of here and get some lunch and make sure you don’t pick up anymore floor gum, okay? – See you next week, everyone.
– Bye, guys. Subtitles by MissDichotomy & Others